Wednesday, September 26, 2007

finding a job.

I think I have thoroughly lost my mind.

I have decided it is past time for me to go back to work. We have bills to pay. So what have I decided to do? Why Substitute teach of course. Okay, so it's not all that crazy.

I have been thinking about it for a while now. I like that I can make my own schedule, not have to call out when someone has to stay home sick ( I just log in online and make my self unavailable), or go to a doctor's appointment etc. I can work at my son's school, or pretty much anywhere I want to in the county. I can make my own schedule. Although I won't get paid for vacation time etc., but I will be home for my son, and not have to worry about child care over winter break or Spring Break etc. Subs don't get paid a lot, but money is money right? I am thinking if there are bills to be paid then yes, any money is a good thing and it would be enough to make ends meet and have some left over for savings so that we make it through the summer with out a problem, or at least a big problem.

I'm thinking I want to primarily stick to middle and high school, as I have 2 children, one in kindergarten and the other only 2 years old. I say this because it may make me appreciate them a little more. ( I have also considered changing my college major from paralegal to high school education, so I think it would be a learning experience as well).

My husband is iffy about it, but I think it will be good and will work out fairly well. It might be weird for a while, as I have been a SAHM for over 2 years. I've grown accustomed to it. However, I think I will adjust just fine. My neighbor has offered to help with my 2 year old a few days a week, and my son will be in school while I am working. SO it will all work out, at least for a while.

No comments: