Tuesday, September 18, 2007

blah blah blah, just rambling tonight

Stress sucks, literally. I just don't understand why everything has to happen at once. I had my kids rooms spotless, and the puppy decided to take half the garbage in under my sons bed, my daughter colored , yoo hoo'd and spit milk all over my freshly mopped floor, and the husband and I have been at each others throats for days... well when I actually speak to him, since I am so mad for some of his stupidity ( and it truly is stupidity and arrogance and all that stuff he thinks he has the right to be and do) it's much safer to not talk to him at all. I just spent the last hour replacing keys on my new keyboard since my toddler thought it would be a blast to pull most of them off, and who really knows how she managed that. So life has been tossing me curve balls all day, or maybe all weekend, maybe that's why the diet has hit the curb and I am sitting here with my fully caffeinated , sugared, non - diet cola and a ham and cheese sandwich, instead of sleeping in my bed cuddled up to my toddler who has claimed my side of the bed. Just once I would love to see her curl up on her daddy's side of the bed. Oh well, I can return to yogurt and water and coffee when the sun comes up in several hours. I would eliminate coffee too, but honestly I have discovered I can not make it through a day with out it. That has been my guilty indulgence- coffee with French vanilla creamer, and not the diet, low fat one either. Honestly, the 10 calorie difference per serving doesn't matter much, and well I can cut the 50 plus or so extra in other aspects of my eating habits. Like through water, and yogurt for breakfast and lunch ( or cereal and yogurt) . I am doing really good with this though. I have lost 5 pounds since starting last week. I also have not been very active other than my usual cleaning.
I borrowed my moms step counter and ended up walking 2 miles in a 2 1/2 hour period just around the house cleaning and to the bus stop. Try it, you might be surprised how much walking you actually do in one day, it adds up.

No comments: