Saturday, November 3, 2007

Update

My poor, poor neglected blog....

OKAY, so let's play catch up.....

I made it through one week.... I even managed to survive 2 teeth being pulled, despite being miserable for the week following...

Saturday I found out a dear friend passed away. He was young, Like 21 ( barely) young. He was smart, funny, talented, my son loved him so much. He was his pre - k teacher 2 years ago ( private, 3 days a week, for 3 hours a day, through the park and rec dept). His passing has made me realize even more that we really don't know how long we have on this planet, with our friends and family, and we should cherish every moment we have to share together. I am grateful to have gotten to know this person, and words can not express how sad I am to have to say good bye to him. I had a talk with my 5 year old about it, and we were okay.... thank goodness.

Sunday was pretty uneventful.Monday we missed the bus, oh and Tuesday we missed the bus....
had a parent teacher conference, and we're told our son is wonderful- great to hear cause sometimes I really am not sure. Oh and Missed the bus on Wednesday too.
Wednesday was a half day for my son, also his Halloween party, and Steve's Funeral. My daughter and I went to the funeral, picked my son up early ( by 15 minutes) and went to the get together after. It was nice to see so many people. My son played with Steve's little brother for a few... We walked out to the park, and the water works started( despite fighting them back) ... my five year old was being strong for me" Mommy, don't cry, I 'm here with you " bless him.
We came home and picked up the house, then got the kids in their costumes. My daughter was a witch and my son was Optimus Prime.... then went trick or treating and I think for my son's birthday we will fill a pinata with left over Halloween candy, way too much here...

Thursday we made it to the bus stop... Thursday night my son had his break down....
He and I were in the middle of the living room floor, crying.... he really got me, I was doing okay, but his " I miss Mr.Steve" will forever be etched in my memory. My poor baby.He had me in tears, which didn't help him much at all.
We talked and I reminded him of good memories, and got ready for bed..... I told him it's okay to miss someone. That he will always have his memories, and if he wanted to he could talk to Steve, but he won't get a response, but that Steve might hear him in heaven, and remember something they did together.

Friday- so we are now on today, we made it to the bus, 2 out of 5 - ummm not so good this week.... had pizza at my moms, fought with Nextel about replacing my phone, and still have to wait 2 days, possibly 3. My grandparents are coming sometime in the next two weeks and no one knows when. Should be eventful...

No comments: